Land trusts are a crucial tool for conservation. The process of acquiring land, and managing and reporting on restoration and preservation efforts can be incredibly time intensive. New technologies including satellite imagery and aerial data captured from drones are providing land managers with new tools for conservation
Join us for a webinar to learn from experts in the field on how drones and mapping technology are being used by land trusts. We'll discuss the most effective use cases and best practices for getting started with using drones for land management.
- How to collect drone data for site assessments, reporting, and documenting land status and habitat
- Property monitoring and site documentation with drones for building strong land-owner relationships
- A look at ground capture technologies for photos, panoramas, and video walkthroughs.
- Integrating drone data with other GIS and Satelite Imagery datasets to gain the information needed for conservation decision making
- A discussion on how drone technology can enable the future of sustainable land management
The webinar will be 60 minutes and will include time for questions.